Life: Apply Liberally

Pastor Ellen's blog about life these days

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Breaking the silence....

It is 5 minutes past 9:00 mountain time on November 4, 2o08. History has been made. I am living and breathing and laughing at a moment that time will acknowledge as "oh so big!!!"
Barack Obama has been elected president of these United States of America.
I am beside myself with joy. Hope springs eternal. Possibilities abound. An era of discord and tyranny is behind us.
I know, I am dramatic. But I am caught up in the images on the screen....fresh young faces of all shapes, sizes, colors dancing, smiling, shouting, and proclaiming that a new age is dawning. Change is not coming, it is here! I am caught up in the tears that flow from the eyes, the soul, the gut of freedom lovers and fighters from my own generation. I am caught up in the moment.
I know this is frightening for the old guard, my friends' and family's guard.
Be assured, dear friends, God is in control.
As I type, John McCain speaks his words of concession. He praises the choice of his countrymen and women. He applauds us all and he welcomes this new wave.
So do I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home