Life: Apply Liberally

Pastor Ellen's blog about life these days

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 30, 2008

Hatred: A Force That Gives Life Meaning

Foreign Policy's Passport reports that The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg had an interview with John McCain. Check this part out:

JG: What do you think motivates Iran?

JM: Hatred. I don't try to divine people's motives. I look at their actions and what they say. I don't pretend to be an expert on the state of their emotions. I do know what their nation’s stated purpose is, I do know they continue in the development of nuclear weapons, and I know that they continue to support terrorists who are bent on the destruction of the state of Israel. You'll have to ask someone who engages in this psycho stuff to talk about their emotions.

Help me out here. What is this guy talking about? I am not an expert on emotions? What the heck is hatred? I look at their actions, what they say......what drives actions and expression? To his credit, JM has integrity. He is the poster child for a political ideology that can not/will not connect with reality, emotion, feeling, or psycho stuff. Hatred - motive....rhetoric - BS....election - competition....presidency - power.
Total eclipse of the mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home