Life: Apply Liberally

Pastor Ellen's blog about life these days

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 30, 2008

Tooth Fairy Goes Global


In an attempt to impress my grandson with geography as opposed to capitalism, his parents have made arrangements with the tooth fairy to bring him foreign money. Cute. Maybe even interesting.
He lost his first tooth and was delighted to find coins under his pillow. He was unfamiliar with the currency so he left the tooth fairy this note.

Here's my thought. I remember being a kid and getting the occasional peso from my Uncle Rex who was a rodeo clown. He'd drop by now and again and he always had Mexican coins to give my brother and me. We thought we were rich. They were coins. They were heavy. They had big numbers on them.
But the moment was blown when someone explained that Mexican money wasn't worth as much as American money. Bummer. No good. Nobody will take them. Won't even buy a piece of bubble gum.
Is that the way European kids feel when the tooth fairy brings them foreign money from the U.S.? I had to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home